If you are connected on the Inmarsat network, and using your service outside of US, the cost to call back to US will be the same as when you make a local call from within US. Incoming calls to your Inmarsat phone when traveling outside of the US are free on most handset plans.
If you are connected to the Iridium satellite network and are using your service outside of US your call rates will be different to those that apply when inside the US.
IsatPhone 2 is available in two models: original IsatPhone 2 and IsatPhone 2.1. Both models use different firmware versions, USB drivers and software tools. Please make sure to identify your correct IsatPhone 2 model before proceeding to download and install new files. IsatPhone 2.1 details are displayed on the outside of the phone’s packaging and on the CE label inside the handset. You can also identify the model by going to the ‘About’ menu setting of the handset.
- IsatPhone 2.1 does not require firmware upgrade to work with a Pivotel SIM.
- IsatPhone 2 must have firmware version 2.00.03 or higher to work with a Pivotel SIM. For instructions on how to update your IsatPhone 2 firmware, please visit http://www.inmarsat.com/support/isatphone-2-support/ or call Pivotel Customer Care on +1-865-379-8723.
- IsatPhone Pro must have firmware 5.17.2 or higher to work with a Pivotel SIM. For instructions on how to update your IsatPhone Pro firmware, http://www.inmarsat.com/support/isatphone-pro-support/ or call Pivotel Customer Care on +1-865-379-8723.
- Isatphone firmware upgrades cannot be completed using a USB 3 port on a Windows 7 PC.
- It is recommended to always upgrade your IsatPhone to the latest firmware version.
Reactivating your phone or satellite phone is as easy as calling the friendly Customer Care team at +1 865 379 8723 during standard US business hours. You’ll need around 10 minutes to confirm your connection and plan details. We can usually get your service up and running within the hour from when you called.You can also email email@example.com for service any time.
Click here to download and complete the Pivotel Service Agreement. Be sure to include the SIM card number and the plan you wish to activate. Once complete email the service agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It should be noted that unlike with cell phones, satellite phones need to be outside, with the antenna up and a clear view of the sky. Consult your phone user manual for details.