If you are connected on the Inmarsat network, and using your service outside of US, the cost to call back to US will be the same as when you make a local call from within US. Incoming calls to your Inmarsat phone when traveling outside of the US are free on most handset plans.
If you are connected to the Iridium satellite network and are using your service outside of US your call rates will be different to those that apply when inside the US.
IsatPhone 2 is available in two models: original IsatPhone 2 and IsatPhone 2.1. Both models use different firmware versions, USB drivers and software tools. Please make sure to identify your correct IsatPhone 2 model before proceeding to download and install new files. IsatPhone 2.1 details are displayed on the outside of the phone’s packaging and on the CE label inside the handset. You can also identify the model by going to the ‘About’ menu setting of the handset.
- IsatPhone 2.1 does not require firmware upgrade to work with a Pivotel SIM.
- IsatPhone 2 must have firmware version 2.00.03 or higher to work with a Pivotel SIM. For instructions on how to update your IsatPhone 2 firmware, please visit http://www.inmarsat.com/support/isatphone-2-support/ or call Pivotel Customer Care on +1-865-379-8723.
- IsatPhone Pro must have firmware 5.17.2 or higher to work with a Pivotel SIM. For instructions on how to update your IsatPhone Pro firmware, http://www.inmarsat.com/support/isatphone-pro-support/ or call Pivotel Customer Care on +1-865-379-8723.
- Isatphone firmware upgrades cannot be completed using a USB 3 port on a Windows 7 PC.
- It is recommended to always upgrade your IsatPhone to the latest firmware version.
For a complete description of how and when to test your satellite phone, Download our free eBook 'Satellite Phone Test Center: All About How To Test Your Satellite Phone'"
For quick reference, you can also use the following test numbers provided by Iridium and Inmarsat.
If customers find that their phones are not operational through this process, please call our support line 865.379.8723 to get further assistance.