Optimizer combines a satellite Wi-Fi router with a voice gateway, offering a simple but powerful solution for individuals or small vessels to get the most out of their satellite data service. Simply connect a satellite phone or satellite terminal and Optimizer will create and manage your Wi-Fi or simple Ethernet network. New:New: Optimizer features a Services Center dashboard to help you easily access and control your network, and a Quick Whitelist feature that lets you whitelist or block access to popular messaging apps including: Facebook Messenger, Instagram Messages, Signal, Timezero, Viber, WeChat and WhatsApp, with a single button.
RedPort Optimizer is a satellite Wi-Fi router and voice gateway that lets you get the most out of your satellite data service, with the devices you already have.
Optimizer broadcasts your satellite data feed via Wi-Fi for easy connectivity. Its powerful firewall blocks unwanted services to eliminate runaway satellite phone airtime bills. With compatible satellite broadband terminals, Optimizer’s built in PBX lets you make and receive voice calls with all your devices. Best of all, Optimizer is designed to work with XGate and XGate-based services, so you can easily access email, web, weather, and track your location.
New! Now, Optimizer features a Services Center dashboard to help you easily access and control your network, and a Quick Whitelist feature that lets you whitelist or block access to popular messaging apps including: Facebook Messenger, Instagram Messages, Signal, Timezero, Viber, WeChat and WhatsApp, with a single button.
- Satellite – Turns any IP-based satellite data signal into a Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Firewall & Filtering – Manage traffic over the satellite link to block unwanted airtime usage.
Allow port forwarding, domain-name filtering, network address translation, and detailed
whitelisting and blacklisting of websites and services
- Wi-Fi – Hotspot makes setup and use with compatible computers and tablets easy
- New! Services Center – New Services Center makes it easy to access and manage your services with a modern interface
- New! Quick Whitelist – New Quick Whitelist feature lets you whitelist or block access to popular messaging apps including: Facebook Messenger, Instagram Messages, Signal, Timezero, Viber, WeChat and WhatsApp with a single button
- Voice – When connected to an Iridium Certus or Inmarsat satellite terminal use your standard satellite voice service with your smartphone over our included PBX
- GSM support – Plug in a compatible GSM USB-modem when you have GSM access to keep all the speed
and convenience benefits of Optimizer, wherever you are
- Remote Access – Remotely log in and manage your local network from any Internet connection
- Network Security – Manage and control your local network for maximum security
Premium Services with Optimizer
Optimizer works with the industry’s most popular premium services to connect you with the important people, information and services in your personal life and business.
Optimizer is designed to work with XGate and XGate-based services including Iridium Mail&Web to give you access to satellite email, weather services, blogging and more. Optimizer also enables services like GPS vessel tracking and premium VoIP services for satellite broadband users.
XGate Satellite Phone E-mail & Data Services
- Email – Accelerate email service up to 20 times, saving up to 85% on satellite airtime
- Satellite Phone Weather Services – See local marine and atmospheric conditions or use
PredictWind Lite (included with XGate) to get accurate weather forecasts.
- Social Media – Update Sailblogs or any platform that lets you post via email
- Blogging Service – Get a free Sailblogs Premium Basic account
with a compatible service.
- RedPort Optimizer
- 110/220V 12V 4A Power Adapter with International Power Plug Adapters
- Quick Start Guide
RedPort Optimizer Airtime Savings for Satellite Email & Data Services
Using the RedPort Optimizer with Mac, Windows, or iOS devices accelerates satellite
phone data transfers: up to 15-20 times faster for email, and 3-5 times faster for
web browsing. Designed explicitly to make the most of the narrowband satellite phones
and terminals (like handheld satellite phones), the RedPort Optimizer uses
XGate compression data service to automatically dial, start and end data calls,
and eliminate the unnecessary demands common with most computing devices,
giving you automatic and complete access to the data feed.
You can use XGate with any internet connection available to you:
satellite, land-based WiFi connections, GSM cellular networks,
and directly connected to any IP-based wireless service.
Sailblogs - Blogging Service
SailBlogs is the leading provider of blogging and map tracking solutions for the sailing community.
From weekend sailors to ocean racers and cruisers, SailBlogs provides members with
web-based journals (blogs), photo and video galleries and map tracking for their adventures.
New! RedPort VoIP Service
When connected to a VSAT or Inmarsat broadband satellite terminal RedPort VoIP service provides significant discounts over traditional satellite airtime as well as the ability to create and use prepaid VoIP calling cards for crew or work teams handset or with your smartphone using the XGate phone app. Call for details.
- Low Monthly Access Fee
- Choose a phone number from 30 different countries
- Low Postpaid Termination Rates
- Calling party simply dials your phone like any other in that country
- Low Prepaid Codes for Ship Operations, or Crew and Passenger Sales
Tracking your position almost anywhere on the planet is as easy as plugging Optimizer into your compatible satellite phone or terminal and letting your travels take you where they will.
When used with a satellite phone or terminal that has an embedded GPS, Optimizer will relay a vessel’s position report to RedPort Tracking where you can see a history of its locations, set alerts, and embed an individual map on a webpage of your choosing.
The RedPort Tracking Web-Portal
The web-portal consists of a detailed, robust online tracking interface that provides:
- Real-time Position and Tracking
- Longitude and latitude info
- Emergency alarm/ SOS/Movement alarm/ Overspeed alarm/ Border crossing alert.
- Geo-fence alarm
- Course and Speed (on web-based tracking site)
- Web-based tracking or mobile-phone-based tracking
- Central Monitoring system (web-base)
- History of tracking movements
- Ability to track hundreds of vessels or assets on one web-based monitoring system
Embedding Your Unique Tracking Map on Your Site
With RedPort Tracking, you can choose to embed your unique tracking map (or that of your vessels)
on a site of your choosing. For individuals, this means that friends and family back home can
immediately see where you are located in the world and follow along on your journey.
For those needing commercial vessel tracking, this means that you can view all of your assets
at once on one single map, set zone alarms and alerts, and see vessel history in one flexible interface.
Optimizer works with virtually all satellite providers and all popular computer operating systems. Some services are system dependent; not all services work with all devices.
* Some Equipment Requires Compatible Serial-USB cable (not included)
- RedPort Voice: Iridium Certus; Inmarsat BGAN, Fleet One, FleetBroadband, Fleet Xpress, Global Xpress, Thuraya IP
- RedPort VoIP: Inmarsat BGAN, FleetBroadband, Fleet Xpress, Global Xpress, Thuraya IP
RedPort Routing and Data Functions:
- Inmarsat IsatPhone Pro; IsatPhone 2; BGAN; Fleet One; FleetBroadband; Fleet Xpress
- Iridium Certus; 9555; 9575 Extreme; OpenPort; 9500*, 9505*, 9505a*
- Globalstar GSP-1700; GSP-1600*, GSP-2900*, Sat-FI, Sat-FI 2
- Thuraya USB and IP
- VSAT and other systems.
Size: 116 x 86 x 25 mm | 4 9/16” x 3 3/18” x 1 1/16”
Weight: 0.18 Kg | 0.4 lbs
Memory: RAM 128 MB | Flash 16 MB
Power: 12V 4A DC
Ethernet LAN: 1
Ethernet WAN: 1
RJ-11 Analog Port: 1
2.4 GHz, IEEE 802.11b/g/n
1-14 operating channels
FCC, CE, RoHS, AU, NZ
The Right Router for Every Installation
|RedPort Crew Satellite Email||-||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Captive Portal for Crew Internet Access
(Shoreside Control of Crew Internet Access)
|Shared Web Compression||Optional||Optional||Optional||Optional|
|Quality of Service||-||-||-||✓|
|OBM Out of Band Management||Limited||-||✓||✓|
|Ethernet LAN Ports||1||1||2||1|
|Ethernet WAN Ports||1||1||4||3|
|RJ-11 Analog Lines||0||1||1||0, 1, 4 or 8|
|Max WiFi Range||30m||46m||46m||46m|
|WiFi||802.11 b/g/n||802.11 b/g/n||802.11 b/g/n||802.11 a/g|
|Storage||-||8Gb SLC SSD AVai||8Gb SLC SSD Available||8Gb SLC SSD|
|Power Operating Range||9-18V DC 4A||9-18V DC 1A||9-18V DC 2A||9-18V DC 2A|
|Certifications||FCC, CE, RoHS||FCC, CE, RoHS||FCC, CE, RoHS||FCC, CE, RoHS|
||3.5″ x 1.8″ x 4.4″
(90 x 47 x 110 mm)
|6.3″ x 3.1″ x 2.1″
(160 x 80 x 54 mm)
|6.6 x 1.2 x 6.2″
(168 x 30 x 157mm) (313)
10.9 x 2 x 5″
(277 x 50 x 126mm) (323)
|Rackmounted Dimensions||-||-||-||19″ 1U Rackmount
|Compact Weight||0.4 lbs (0.18 kg)||0.56 lbs (0.25 kg)||1.12 lbs (0.5 kg)||1.86 lbs (0.845 kg) (313)
3.85 lbs (1.75 kb) (323)
|Rackmounted Weight||-||-||-||10.25 lbs (4.65 kg)|
|More Info||Learn More about
|Learn More about
|Learn More about
|Learn More about
|Plan Type||Prepaid, Monthly , Annual , Unlimited Data|
|Coverage Area||North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia & New Zealand, Polar Regions|
|Product Type||Satellite Routers & VoIP Gateways|
Pulsar® Service Management Portal
Pulsar is a data management service that lets you monitor and control the data being used by your satellite services, helping you manage your network and control your costs. Best of all, it's included with any active data service as part of the Pivotel Advantage.
Key Features include:
Pulsar is included at no additional fee with the following active Pivotel services: